Friday, April 06, 2007

ON ACTING: ...and 'Reading'

I received a nice note from a student containing an acting tip he picked up in class and he subsequently used in an audition. I thought I'd pass it on to others:

"Cliff, Were you picking up any vibes this morning? I just used some of your 'stuff'' in an audition, and I wanted to thank you. You might remember the scene I did in your workshop where I was supposed to be reading a newspaper which sitting at breakfast with my disagreeable wife. You stopped me after 30 seconds, as I leafed through the paper. You asked, "Bill are you READING that paper?" I said, "No, but I will." I had a "newspaper scene" in today's audition, and thanks to you, I read the damn thing! I reacted to what I "saw" on the page. Felt good about the audition, and used the insight you had given me. Much appreciated. Hope you are well. Bill"

1 Comments:

Blogger Myles said...

That's really cool Bill. Good luck in getting the part.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home