Tuesday, June 06, 2006

AN APOLOGY

For those of you who have been following this blog, I apologize. The last posting, on March 31st, was a long time ago. Why have I not written? I have been writing...but on an acting text, which I have been writing and re-writing for two years. I finally finished a draft that can go beyond my best friends and their worthwhile comments, criticisms and corrections. I am sending it to a publisher who wishes to see it and I am now ready to take my licks; and get back to other writing.

While I've been blog-away, I did see a few films. One of which is "An Inconvenient Truth", Al Gore's passionate defense of the theory of (and warning of) global warming. Whatever your politics, it is a film worth seeing. It is well made, reasonable--even given its self-convinced point of view--and thoughtful (as opposed to the usual mindless offering of the mindless film marketplace). And Al Gore has found his true metier: he makes a sterling professor. Perhaps that is why he lost in the 2000 election (I know he didn't lose...etc., etc.) there simply were not enough votors who wanted to be lectured to for four to eight years. A sort of 'kill the messenger' type of thing?

Another film I saw, "Friends With Money", is a must miss. Enough said. Not even worth discussing.

More blog offerings to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home