Wednesday, August 17, 2005

On Acting - Beware Some Acting Schools!!!

Brian wrote to me:

"Hi Cliff
I just want to compliment you on your acting skills. I just finished watching Gunsmoke and as always when I see you as a guest I know it's going to be a great show. You show so much feeling, add meaning to the show! I am from mid-western Ontario, Canada and have always dreamed about acting, you would be an icon to follow.
I was in a shopping mall in London, Ontario and was chosen by Barbizon, an acting school, to come for a try out, which I did. After the meeting they said I did very well and wanted me go join Barbizon for training. I turned it down as it was a costly venture and I had heard from some that the "good" agents don't charge so much and will have better luck, as they are not just trying to fill their classes and make money that way. What should I have one?, some times I wonder.
Best Wishes - Brian"

I wrote to him:

"Brian...I don't know the specifics, but I think you did the right thing. Beware of modeling or acting schools that charge alot for a little (except hype). Check around as you did, with reputable agents and other actors whose work you respect. See who and what schools they recommend, where they studied. Acting classes can be an expensive purchase. Don't be an uniformed buyer, dazzled on a whim by a 'hot' sales person.

And thanks for your nice words RE my acting in Gunsmoke. It was a wonderful show in all respects (creative, $$, professionalism, etc.) to work on. The lesson there RE our discussion: Quality-in = Quality-out. In teaching or acting. Good luck, Cliff "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home