Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Film That Should Give Nepotism a Bad (Worse?) Name. "Marie Antoinette"

If ever a film (and its writer/director) should be beheaded, its "Marie Antoinette". It is written/directed by Sofia Coppola, daughter of Francis Ford Coppola, the great filmmaker behind and of "Godfather" (I and II), "The Conversation", "Patton" fame.

I just returned from seeing Coppola daughter Sofia's picture at the Motion Picture Academy. (I know, Sofia defenders will say: she did "Lost in Translation". That was a fluke. The hints of disaster were already in that, if anybody had cared to see beyond the "woman director" stuff.) I had a bottle of wine after "Marie Antoinette"...to numb my brain. I am now going to sleep. Thank God tonight I get an extra hour of Daylight Savings Time; the extra hour will help me think of something nice to say about the picture. Goodnight. Perhaps.

Oh...Off with her head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home